TMSA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trans-Allegheny Lunatic Asylum Motor Sport Association

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Great Turnout, So.........

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
steveakus

steveakus

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2009-04-29

Great Turnout, So......... Empty
PostSubject: Great Turnout, So.........   Great Turnout, So......... EmptyMon May 04, 2009 3:00 pm

You guys had a great turnout for the first of the Series this year, and here are my 2 cents that may help you guys out along the way:

1 -- Get some two way radios for officials and relay to each official what is going on so that when one official tells someone they can do something, another official doesn't come along and try to penalize or yell at that person after they have already been allowed by someone else.

2 -- Move the Wash station if possible like on the hardtop on the way out or something, there was mud scattered all the way up Rt.19 and that alone could be bad for us keeping this event alive.....any of you that ride harleys or motorcycles in general know how bad mud on the road is.

3 -- Dont allow trailers in the Pit area, unload and leave the trailer at the bottom or elsewhere. (they take up too much wasted space and collect mud that doesnt get washed off and scatters on the highway)

4 -- Also the Street Class Rules need to be very specific about being Street Trucks (insurance, registration, license plate, inspection sticker, lights, interior etc....) all need to be current and legal.

5 -- And as far as Classes Go if a Truck enters Mod it shouldnt be able to enter Super Street or Street, in otherwords you cant run a class down from your trucks actual qualification class, NO SANDBAGGERS.......

6 -- Or maybe instead of truck based classes run time based qualifying bracket elimination or something more fair to everyone, so one truck doesnt win two or three classes.

other than those few little organizing tips, I have no complaints whatsoever and had a blast and cant wait to come back again, I will be telling as many people as possible to bring their trucks down and have some fun.

Last edited by steveakus on Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.mfpbuilt.com
MBE

MBE

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2008-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Great Turnout, So.........   Great Turnout, So......... EmptySun May 10, 2009 1:33 pm

we had/have two way radios, but you cannot hear on them due to the constant traffic of trucks, but it is not a bad idea. there is no water supply on the hard top so moving the wash bay is not an option. to tell those guys that pull trailers, that hold their tools, telling him that he is going to have to pack 4 tires and air compressor for his wrenches, plus the rest of his tools up from the spectator area, or even worse the bottom of the hill, is not good business, they will leave.

(insurance, registration, license plate, inspection sticker, lights,= street legal. and trucks can always go up in class, ie. a street truck can run in the open class, but an open class truck cannot run in the street class. however there are some people that think they are sneaky and uncapp their headers and think they can get by with it. Just so you all know, i seen this when it happened, and it still didn't place, if this happens and the truck is in the money, i will take care of it. I am glad you had a good time and i hope you come back. I appreciate the suggestions and i will try to make the changes that i can.

Thank you
MBE
Back to top Go down
http://www.trans-alleghenylunaticasylum.com
steveakus

steveakus

PostSubject: Re: Great Turnout, So.........   Great Turnout, So......... EmptyTue May 12, 2009 1:38 pm

right on, I understand not being able to hear..........

I figured the wash bay was easier said than done.

Trailers are fine with me, I was just trying to think of a way to save space in your pits.

And as far as the Street trucks go, I saw some running that class without some of the legalities and would like to see those enforced as part of the tech,

Im not worried about open headers because that is at no advantage other than noise, most people know that open headers on almost any motor create cylinder scavaging, unless your pushing really big horse power and the heads and timing etc..... are set up for freeflowing exhaust.
Back to top Go down
MBE

MBE

PostSubject: Re: Great Turnout, So.........   Great Turnout, So......... EmptyThu May 14, 2009 1:56 pm

right on man, thanks for your input i will try to look closer at the things you have noticed. I am sure somethings can be changed.
Back to top Go down
DRAGRACER

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2009-05-31

PostSubject: THE RULES   Great Turnout, So......... EmptySun May 31, 2009 9:33 pm

SUPERSTREET

Must have stock frame and matching body/Big block motors can only be in full size trucks
Uncut DOT tires up to 40’s/tires must have same height but width can vary, must have a street appearance body/No aluminum blocks
KNOW THE RULES SAME HIGHT MEANS SAME HIGHT Embarassed
Back to top Go down
dragzilla

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2009-03-14

PostSubject: cut tires in the mud pit   Great Turnout, So......... EmptyThu Jun 04, 2009 4:02 am

so here is my trash talk again .I watched the video and some one ran cuts tires in the mud pit not just two on the rear but all the way around the truck, dont know if anyone else caught this ..cause last year I was ( D . Q ) for the wrong tire in the wrong class .. run the hill n hole with them like me .....thanks
Back to top Go down
dragzilla

PostSubject: big blocks   Great Turnout, So......... EmptyThu Jun 04, 2009 4:20 am

there needs to be a limit on cubic inch big blocks 454 pushing 450 hp thats ok not a 572 pushing over 700 hp .you know your trucks you know what class your truck runs .all im sayin is no sand baggers ........ or i ' ll bring my 33 s down with my licens\ plate \ins. card and piss off all the ones in street class but well see what happens sunday at 7:00
Back to top Go down
dragzilla

PostSubject: big blocks   Great Turnout, So......... EmptyThu Jun 04, 2009 4:25 am

dont get me wrong bring your big blocks down .i would love to see alot more trucks . so i can beat them.... oh yea I run a small block AND it CAN PULL 15 in' of VACUME
Back to top Go down
steveakus

steveakus

PostSubject: Re: Great Turnout, So.........   Great Turnout, So......... EmptyThu Jun 04, 2009 8:33 am

dragzilla wrote:
all im sayin is no sand baggers ........

Thats what Im saying, maybe we should try something new and bracket everyone by times instead of even teching the trucks, give everyone a qualifying run and then set them into their own time category, that way we dont have a cheating "street" truck running the fastest time of the day out of all the classes, and the races would be more exciting cause the times would be so damn close.

I have my WV State inspection license and I know for a fact that half or more of the Street class trucks wouldnt pass inspection. But thats not the point IM all for Run your truck not your mouth, so Im coming down to put some smiles on some faces wehter I win or loose........
Back to top Go down
DRAGRACER

PostSubject: RULES   Great Turnout, So......... EmptyThu Jun 04, 2009 5:21 pm

I have a WV State inspection sticker and a small block in a step side and i have to run super street it is hard to run with 572 in super street.
Back to top Go down
MBE

MBE

PostSubject: Re: Great Turnout, So.........   Great Turnout, So......... EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 9:50 am

you must have something else going on with the truck, a small block in a 1/2 ton does not get you kicked out of street class.
Back to top Go down
DRAGRACER

PostSubject: RULES   Great Turnout, So......... EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 5:41 pm

WHAT ARE THE NEW RULES FOR SUPER STREET
Back to top Go down
MBE

MBE

PostSubject: Re: Great Turnout, So.........   Great Turnout, So......... EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 2:07 pm

the rules are posted under the mud bog link.
Back to top Go down
DRAGRACER

PostSubject: Re: Great Turnout, So.........   Great Turnout, So......... EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 9:39 pm

VACUME IS THE RULE THAT PUTS THE TRUCK OUT OF STREET CLASS BUT IF WOULD LIKE TO RIDE TO BUCKHANNON WE COULD DRIVE YOU THERE BUT CANT PULL THE VACUME.THANKS Surprised
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Great Turnout, So.........   Great Turnout, So......... Empty

Back to top Go down

Great Turnout, So.........
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TMSA :: General :: Suggestions-
Jump to: