TMSA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trans-Allegheny Lunatic Asylum Motor Sport Association

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

a new truck class???????

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
MBE

MBE

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2008-12-16

a new truck class??????? Empty
PostSubject: a new truck class???????   a new truck class??????? EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 7:32 am

I think i have a way figured out to keep you guys that can't pull vacuum from having to race against the 572's and stuff, the rules would be something like must have factory iron, must have uncut frames and bodies big blocks in full size trucks only DOT tires up to 38.5's no tranny brakes something like that. what do you all think about that class. we can give it a try next race, but it will require a meeting before the race starts..... i need some more input though. so call me or write in here.....the number to the office 304-269-5070.
Back to top Go down
http://www.trans-alleghenylunaticasylum.com
DRAGRACER

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2009-05-31

PostSubject: TRANS BRAKES   a new truck class??????? EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 3:15 pm

WHAT DOES TRANS BRAKES HAVE TO DO WITH THIS CLASS 475 CUB INCH WOULD BE A BETTER RULE NO DOMINATORS THE CUB INCH WOULD MAKE IT BETTER YOU WILL HAVE A BETTER TURN OUT WITH MORE SMALL BLOCKS COMING TO RACE JUST AT THOUGHT I KNOW ABOUT 10 TRUCKS THAT RUN .THANKS
Back to top Go down
MBE

MBE

PostSubject: Re: a new truck class???????   a new truck class??????? EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 12:58 pm

all of the 572's have tranny brakes and without a p&g there is noway to write a cubic inch rule and being able to enforce it. does those 10 trucks you know have tranny brakes???? The P&G gauge is a $1000.00 dollar tech tool. anyway if you have a small block in a half-ton unless you can't pull vacuum you should already be classed in the street class. Unless there was some sorta tech breakdown...don't take this wrong i am not arguing with you i am just trying to find a way of getting this straightened out and being able to keep the truck count for those ten trucks a competitive class.
Back to top Go down
DRAGRACER

PostSubject: TRANS BRAKE   a new truck class??????? EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 8:56 am

SOME OF THE TRUCKS HAVE TRANS BRAKE YOU SOULD BE ABLE TO TELL THE DIFFANCE IN A SMALL BLOCK AND A BIG BLOCK. THANKS
Back to top Go down
MBE

MBE

PostSubject: Re: a new truck class???????   a new truck class??????? EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 5:13 pm

man i just don't get what you want to happen, you either have a race truck or you have a street truck, i spent three months trying to figure out a way that you can be in a class that makes sense to have. i cannot tell what the bore and stroke on a motor is by looking at it, so you want me to just take the driver's word that he is smaller than a 572, and have a class with just those rules?????? what is keeping your small block from being in my street class, is it because it is a stroker motor that can not pull vacuum? i don't know how to give you both worlds and keep the truck count up in that class. You can tell the difference between a small block and a big block, but can you tell the difference between a 350 and a 350 that has been bored and stroked by looking at the motor, if you can, then we need you as a tech guy....i am going to still work on trying to make this class a competitive class. It is going to be tough unless i can raise $1000.00 to buy the P&G tester then i will pump ever motor going into the class, every race then it would be a fair feild of racing. i just realized something else, are you asking for just a small block class?

Last edited by MBE on Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DRAGRACER

PostSubject: Re: a new truck class???????   a new truck class??????? EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 5:35 pm

YOU COULD HAVE BIG BLOCKS WITH STOCK HEADS NO AFTERMARKET HEADS SMALL BLOCKS WITH STOCK BLOCKS NO AFTERMARKET BLOCKS. WHEN THE CAM WAS BOUGHT WE DID NOT KNOW YOU COULD BUY A VACUUM CAM SO THAT IS WHY WE CAN NOT PULL THE VACUUM.THANKS
Back to top Go down
78rumpshaker

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-07-31

PostSubject: newclass   a new truck class??????? EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 9:54 pm

if u want to try a new class how about all castiron heads and block alum intake allowed no dominators no trans brakes with no vac rule that way some of the vac trucks may step up to help the truck count just a thought
Back to top Go down
rampage

rampage

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2009-07-21

PostSubject: Re: a new truck class???????   a new truck class??????? EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 10:51 pm

sounds to me like you guys should just run a big block open and a small block open.........if you dont have enough big blocks then give the option for the small block guys to run the big block class..............i run a small block myself and dont have ANY PROBLOM runnin with the big blocks
Back to top Go down
MBE

MBE

PostSubject: Re: a new truck class???????   a new truck class??????? EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 9:27 am

i am leaning towards a class like rumpshaker is talking about. will have a get together before the next race so stay tuned. if there is anymore suggestions just write em in here or call. keep everything in mind for the meeting. I want all of you that are driving in this class to please show up so we can make sure this class is right....if i can get it together before the next race it will give me a couple of races to get the bugs worked out of it before we start the points series next year. Thanks for all your suggestions.
Back to top Go down
steveakus

steveakus

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2009-04-29

PostSubject: Re: a new truck class???????   a new truck class??????? EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 9:21 pm

Wow, does it really have to be this complicated,,,,,,,,

Im running a totally stock 350 with 120,000 miles on it, drive it to work almost everyday and Im 3rd in points for the year (running mid 5sec runs), I have no budget to work with, I drive in and drive out, I dont even care if I place dead last, I go to put a smile on my face and hang out with all you guys, and help out the cause, what more do you want ??

If anything needs to change it should be like this:

Street Class = Street Legal trucks,(like mine), insurance, license, registration, Title, sticker, no roll cages, no 5pt harness, no fuel cells, no ignition boxes, wipers, lights, horn, bumpers, no trans brakes, DOT tires, Full exhaust etc.........in other words, everything should be stock or at least stock like.

Then you can go up from there and either have cubic inch rules or whatever you decide,

Plain and simple Racers will come to race, if you have a "race truck" then sure you need some specific rules to go by, but for the weekend warriors = I would be willing to bet that if you make a true "driveable" street class, then you will have alot more trucks coming through that gate paying out to run their daily driver for bragging rights to their buddies at work and not feel like they dont belong there or shouldnt compete because every truck there is trailered in and have thousands of dollars bolted on them, thats my 2 cents anyway (and maybe thats all its worth).

Dont forget to just show up, Run your truck not your mouth, and Have some FUN !!
Back to top Go down
http://www.mfpbuilt.com
MBE

MBE

PostSubject: Re: a new truck class???????   a new truck class??????? EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 12:45 pm

lmao atta boy!!!! fire the other barrel...when we started this track that was the way it was supposed to be. but more and more people said it was to tough on those boggers to drive them in....lmao.......before the start of next year we are going to tighten down the hatches. this is getting to be crazy...but on the other hand how do you punish the people that are spending money to make their truck go faster in order to make money. It is tough to write rules around, no matter what the rules are somebody that is into racing will spend the money to find and take advantage of that loophole. The last i checked that is why it is called racing....i just wanna try to keep it as fair as i can. like i said earlier i can buy a P&G and pump every motor at the first of the year and write cubic inch classes, then if there is a protest, pump the motor again. but the protest will be $250.00 with 150.00 going to the winner of the protest. But that is really not what i want to do....if i do just a small block class then anything with a small block would have enter this class in order to get the truck count in that class up enough to pay, which means the ranger with a small block is in the race and should beat out the full size trucks by the rules of weight. so writing just a small block class makes no sense. I am pretty sure what i am going to do and that is all i can do to give a non-vacuum class that would fit between street and superstreet and be fair to everyone, if you have a non-vacuum truck you will have to figure out which is best for you, buy a ground cam for vacuum or take out your tranny brake. There is not another fair way to write this class, more input is welcomed though, your ideas may help so voice them. as far as the street class goes steve, it will be a tighter class next year too.....
Back to top Go down
DRAGRACER

PostSubject: Re: a new truck class???????   a new truck class??????? EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 9:03 pm

NO AFTERMARKET IGNITIONS WITH ADJUSTABLE TIMING CONTROL OR ELECTRONIC TIMING BOXES(MUST BE MOUNTED IN CLEAR VIEW)
( ) MUST HAVE BEEN AVAILABLE AS A V8 TO RUN A V8
( ) BIG BLOCKS ALLOWED IN FULL SIZE ONLY
( ) MAXIMUM ALLOWABLE CUBIC INCH 475
( ) ENGINE MUST BE IN STOCK LOCATION USING FACTORY TYPE MOUNTS (NO MOTOR PLATES)
( ) FACTORY OEM PRODUCTION ENGINE BLOCK AND CYLINDER HEADS (CASTINGS WILL BE CHECKED AT OUR DISCRETION ) (NO ALUMINUM BLOCKS OR HEADS ALLOWED)
( ) SINGLE CARBURETOR (NO PREDATOR, DOMINATOR, OR ANY OTHER 4500 SERIES ALLOWED) OR FACTORY EFI USING GASOLINE OR DIESEL ONLY
( ) NO NITROUS ALLOWED ALL BOTTLES MUST BE REMOVED AND LINES CAPPED
( ) OPEN HEADERS ALLOWED MUST EXIT DOWN AND BACK
( ) AFTERMARKET CAST ALUMINUM INTAKE ALLOWED (NO SHEET METAL OR TUNNEL RAMS)

( ) ALL MECHANICAL FANS MUST HAVE A SECURED SHROUD

( ) RADIATORS MUST BE LOCATED IN FRONT OF ENGINE

DRIVE TRAIN/TIRES/SUSPENSION

( ) TIRES MUST BE UNCUT DOT

( ) NO SUSPENSION OR STEERING MODIFICATIONS OTHER THAN LIFT KITS
( ) NO SOLID FRONT AXLE CONVERSIONS

( ) MINOR TRIMMING FOR TIRE CLEARANCE ALLOWED
( ) FACTORY STYLE SUSPENSION FOR THE MAKE AND MODEL (MINIMUM 3 STEEL LEAFS IN BACK AND 2 IN THE FRONT) MUST RETAIN FACTORY MOUNTING POINTS
( ) NO FIBERGLASS LEAFS, NO COIL OVER CONVERSIONS
( ) SHOCKS MAY NOT BE RELOCATED
( ) FIXED LADDER BARS ALLOWED WITHOUT FLOATERS OR SLIDERS
( ) NO SOLID FRONT AXLE CONVERSIONS

( ) NO TRANS BRAKES OR DRIVELINE BRAKES ALLOWED IN VEHICLE
( ) OEM STYLE TRANSFER CASE REQUIRED NO AFTERMARKET CHAIN DRIVES ALLOWED

FRAME AND BODY

( ) MUST HAVE UNMODIFIED MATCHING BODY AND FRAME
( ) MUST HAVE ALL FACTORY CROSS MEMBERS IN PLACE
( ) GAS TANK AND BATTERY MAY BE RELOCATED AND MUST BE PROPERLY SECURED.
( ) FACTORY TYPE BED FLOOR OR MINIMUM OF .092 CARBON STEEL OR 3/16” ALUMINUM PLATE.
( ) FUNCTIONAL FLATBED ALLOWED (TAILGATE NOT REQUIRED)
( ) MAY REMOVE THE DOORS FROM CJ, YJ, TJ, SCOUT, 66-77 BRONCO AND 69-72 BLAZER.
( ) AFTERMARKET SEATS AND HARNESSES ALLOWED

( ) MUST RETAIN ALL FACTORY INTERIOR AND EXTERIOR PANELS(GLASS, DASH, FRONT BUMPER, ETC)
Back to top Go down
MBE

MBE

PostSubject: Re: a new truck class???????   a new truck class??????? EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 8:31 am

it appears to me that you have cut and copied the wvmra rules for the hot street class, but you left out some of the major ones. I want to have a meeting this sunday, at the office beside the front gate put on here what time you can make it down, and we will see what we can get going for this class.
Back to top Go down
DRAGRACER

PostSubject: Re: a new truck class???????   a new truck class??????? EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 4:35 pm

THIS IS A WASTE OF TIME YOU HAVE YOU MIND MADE UP SO DO WHAT YOU WANT
Back to top Go down
rampage

rampage

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2009-07-21

PostSubject: Re: a new truck class???????   a new truck class??????? EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 5:29 pm

i dont care if ya gotta small block or a big block...........we are makin the trip down from pa to run with you guys on the 22nd. my truck for sure and maybe a couple jeeps...............hope yall get the drama figured out cause i"m gonna be ticked if gotta drive three hrs to hear a bunch of cry babying..........lmao.......see yall then
Back to top Go down
MBE

MBE

PostSubject: Re: a new truck class???????   a new truck class??????? EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 12:24 pm

we got drama man.....but i hope you come down in september to race,,,,man it is going to be a big race....all the driver's and truck's we can stand
have you been keeping up with mudmania stuff? 9/11-9/13 the mud race is on the 13th with a $5000.00 purse.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: a new truck class???????   a new truck class??????? Empty

Back to top Go down

a new truck class???????
Page 1 of 1