TMSA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trans-Allegheny Lunatic Asylum Motor Sport Association

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dressing the mud pit ???

Go down 
+2
steveakus
Grady
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Grady

Grady

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2009-01-13

Dressing the mud pit ??? Empty
PostSubject: Dressing the mud pit ???   Dressing the mud pit ??? EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 9:29 pm

Just a thought, but what about dressing the mud pit between classes, or running Street to Modifieds. I know the idea is to not have to pull all the trucks out, but with the solid bottom in the pit and no deeper than it is to start with, I don't think that would happen. By the time Open, Modified, and Super Street is done running, most trucks could make it through in 2wd. Most of the 4 & 6 cylinders end up running as fast, or faster than Super Street trucks. I think we're starting to miss the point of "mud" bogging. I was just wondering if anyone else feels the same way.
Back to top Go down
steveakus

steveakus

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2009-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Dressing the mud pit ???   Dressing the mud pit ??? EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 8:30 am

Yes, you are 100% right, I went to doddridge co. fair Saturday, and they dressed the pit between every major class difference, and man was it fun, I was the first one in the Street Legal class making brand new ruts of my own, it was awesome, I also had the choice to drop that run and go 3rd, which I did.

I ended up in 3rd place, won $100, and had a friggin blast.

1st place won $250, now that shows how many trucks where there.

I vote for street legal class like they had too, and instead of teching every truck, they only tech the winners, made checking in and starting the racing way faster...

.....just Ideas to improve our stomping grounds guys......
Back to top Go down
http://www.mfpbuilt.com
MBE

MBE

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2008-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Dressing the mud pit ???   Dressing the mud pit ??? EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 10:14 am

if you guys want the pit dressed before the street class that's fine, but i have a feeling that the 6cyl will not like that idea... but we can give it a try during mudmania.
Back to top Go down
http://www.trans-alleghenylunaticasylum.com
steveakus

steveakus

PostSubject: Re: Dressing the mud pit ???   Dressing the mud pit ??? EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 11:51 am

Im all for it,

I think we can dig some ruts in for em.... hell its the last hooha of the year, give em something to work for, LOL

You might even see the Mud Monkey in the Hill 'N Hole, trying to jump......as long as I can get a tow home if needed, I got all winter to rebuild....
Back to top Go down
Grady

Grady

PostSubject: No need to worry...   Dressing the mud pit ??? EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 12:26 pm

Like I told you a few weeks ago, if I'm there with a trailer, you'll get your truck home. And if anyone thinks the mud is too deep, run the speed pit. It's called "MUD" bogging for a reason.
Back to top Go down
steveakus

steveakus

PostSubject: Re: Dressing the mud pit ???   Dressing the mud pit ??? EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 1:10 pm

AWESOME..............Thanks Man.

Yeah, I cant wait for the day there is a 300' pit with some challenge to it, but I know that would make the day go really slow, so no big deal there, you all just wait, if I end up selling our house, Im gonna buy some land and have some get togethers, my plan is a big horseshoe pit, lots of fun to be had, I hope it works out.
Back to top Go down
clide dean

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Dressing the mud pit ???   Dressing the mud pit ??? EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 2:54 pm

im a spectator and i dont want to watch every driver get pulled out of the pits i come to watch people race! the pits are at least 20ft wide, if you want a challenge stay out of the ruts. and if you get stuck im sure someone will pull you out!!
Back to top Go down
Grady

Grady

PostSubject: Re: Dressing the mud pit ???   Dressing the mud pit ??? EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 3:02 pm

I think you missed the point of this post... we want more mud, no ruts, more digging. And I don't recognize the name, so I've probly never raced with ya, but the tailgate of my truck says it all... Twisted Evil

Run Your Truck...Not Your Mouth
Back to top Go down
clide dean

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Dressing the mud pit ???   Dressing the mud pit ??? EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 3:04 pm

im just looking at it from the spectators point of view and i dont know which truck u are but ur probably lucky they have ruts!!in the hill n hole pit the street trucks ive seen they ususally end up getting pulled out. so if u want a challenge enter your truck in that so u can practice what u preach....... RUN YOUR TRUCK NOT YOUR MOUTH!!

Last edited by clide dean on Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
steveakus

steveakus

PostSubject: Re: Dressing the mud pit ???   Dressing the mud pit ??? EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 3:06 pm

I can see the spectator point of view, BUT>>> thats why I want the horseshoe pit and a farm someday,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,PLAY TIME !!!!!

Twisted Evil

Oh, and dont get ahead of yourself, he doesnt need ruts,,,,,,,,,and neither do I, thats why we are the only two talking about it,

And besides we are the ones paying $25 for 5 seconds of fun, I would have to pay $300 to get one min of fun,,,,,,,,,ya know what I mean ??

Last edited by steveakus on Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Grady

Grady

PostSubject: Re: Dressing the mud pit ???   Dressing the mud pit ??? EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 3:14 pm

Steve, congrats on Doddridge. A little cash does help every once in awhile. I hope you know that "run you truck" comment wasn't meant for, 'cause I know you do run yours. You need to race at Havoc sometime. I don't know if there will be another race this year, but if there is I'll let you know if you're interested.
Back to top Go down
steveakus

steveakus

PostSubject: Re: Dressing the mud pit ???   Dressing the mud pit ??? EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 3:17 pm

I knew where that run your truck was going, no worries....

Im game for anywhere, well at least anywhere I can easily drive to.

I hope to get a truck and trailer to haul with this winter for next year, so I can go more places.
Back to top Go down
MBE

MBE

PostSubject: Re: Dressing the mud pit ???   Dressing the mud pit ??? EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 3:18 pm

there is some theory to my madness about the way i run this track...a lot of things come into play...say for instance the average guy driving the street truck or 6 cyl truck can't afford to fix his truck right away if it breaks. so if i put the pit in such a condition that it breaks a truck, like i did at the first of the year, then i lose those driver's. if you don't believe me there 7 street truck members that broke the first race and haven't returned, because they can't afford to put their truck back together. Then there is the matter of spectators, which i don't have a lot of. So i am trying to get it out that they do not have sit in the hot sun and watch all the trucks get pulled out. Then there is the lack of help....i am trying to do this by myself, with the help of the ladies at registration, but for the most part i am doing the best i can do to keep you guys happy. I spent three months trying to work out a class that would help everyone that had a concern about racing against the 572's at no prevail because there was only 2 trucks that would fit in that class represented by driver's. So there is not much more i can do about that. I know you grady are a supporter, reguardless, so i am not complaining back to you. I just don't get what is going on....i get all these positive reviews all the way from Kansas, Philadelphia, and all up and down the east coast. Then the guys that race this track regularly have things like this to say, it is just confusing. So what do you do. You tell someone that has raced all over the country that the guys around here don't like it so we are going to change it. Or do you hope to not encourage the local guys to race and not change it. I know i can't keep all the people happy half the time, or however that is supposed to be worded, but i would like to hear something positive about the place that i spend so much time away from my family to provide us a place to race.
Back to top Go down
Grady

Grady

PostSubject: Re: Dressing the mud pit ???   Dressing the mud pit ??? EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 3:37 pm

Eric, I was not bad mouthing the track, and if that's the way you took it, I'm sorry. You know I like deep pits, and I do understand the problem with pulling trucks out. I agree with that 100%, but I think there can still be some middle ground there. I'm not asking for more mud in your pit, just put it back in between some of the classes. Maybe not dress it between Street and 6 Cyl, then they do have less mud. I've ran you pit in 4.9 seconds before, and then went to Smithton Hole and got stuck at 36', so you know I'm there for the racing, no matter what the conditions. I just wanted to put my opinion out there, and I stick by it, right or wrong. I do know one thing for sure, we need get more racers and spectators, some how. Oh, and "string bean", I WILL be in the Hill N Hole on the 13th. The ONLY reason I wasn't in it Saturday was so I could get to Havoc before registartion closed. I DO run my truck, I don't have to run my mouth.
Back to top Go down
steveakus

steveakus

PostSubject: Re: Dressing the mud pit ???   Dressing the mud pit ??? EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 4:30 pm

Im in it for the fun of it, you all should know that, I wouldnt care any which way about it, Im gonna be there reguardless, whether Im the worst one, the best one, or the only one, I will be there running.

The only reason I missed sat. is because its pretty much religion in my family to go to Doddridge Co. Fair, I grew up there and thats just how it is. Trust me I was up all night asking my wife, are we going to dodd. or weston, we didnt decide till about 2am I was that worried about missing weston.

No complaints here at all, sorry to come off that way Eric, just kinda thinking and dreaming if you will, then dude got a little mouthy and we got carried away.
Back to top Go down
MBE

MBE

PostSubject: Re: Dressing the mud pit ???   Dressing the mud pit ??? EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 7:11 pm

i feel like we are stuck between 2 rocks and it is getting close to the end of the year, and believe me guys i am starting feel it, but we are here and everytime we race i do my best to make each race better. I do try to listen to your guys suggestions and try to work them the best i can. There will be some advertising on the speed, outdoor,espn2,and spike channel. I wish that to make a race go on was just the matter of digging a whole, then i would probably find the time somewhere to put a truck in it. It is all the stuff that happens between races that is just crazy. But we are going to keep going forward, and one day i hope this is nicest track on the east coast, i am pretty sure that we have the nicest track on the hospital grounds now,,,,lol....and as far as your guys dreaming goes i hope you all show up with your waders,,,,when these trucks get stuck i am going to need someone to hook em up....lmao....
Back to top Go down
steveakus

steveakus

PostSubject: Re: Dressing the mud pit ???   Dressing the mud pit ??? EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 8:10 pm

Atta Boy Eric, and I think your right, you guys have the best facility going thats for sure and some good old exposure is gonna make the biggest difference, just keep in mind that you guys have to put back into it what you get out of it, until it really takes off like a friggin rocket, which I think will happen, it may take a few years, trust me I have seen it before, just dont let it die too early. I will do all I can to help, you just say the word.

and hell maybe my dream of having a horseshoe pit would maybe someday make it there, I just picture this kinda fast power drifting first 3/4 of it and then a somewhat hard straight pit coming out the finish

But back to the main focus of this thread, and that is Stir/Dress the pit for the Street Class, Im all in. If I have to jump in and hook someone up I will, but you gotta hold the camera...........LOL
Back to top Go down
KHAOS

KHAOS

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Dressing the mud pit ???   Dressing the mud pit ??? EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 4:38 pm

just a thought grady not every 1 runs 38.5 some of us little guys only have 31" tires but dont matter 2 me im here for the fun of racing not the speed but its just as fun . congrats steve at dod.co hope 2 b ready 4 mania c yall there
Back to top Go down
steveakus

steveakus

PostSubject: Re: Dressing the mud pit ???   Dressing the mud pit ??? EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 5:51 pm

Thanks Khaos, I think you guys will be fine, Im sure some ruts will develope with us all taking several runs through, see yall at mania
Back to top Go down
cjbogger

cjbogger

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Dressing the mud pit ???   Dressing the mud pit ??? EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 5:37 pm

I like the deep mud but also get a big rush out of a rough fast mud pit. I also agree with eric about spectators sitting in the sun all day watching trucks get pulled out, thats no fun for anybody but the racers on a hot summer day.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dressing the mud pit ???   Dressing the mud pit ??? Empty

Back to top Go down

Dressing the mud pit ???
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TMSA :: Events :: Mud Bogs-
Jump to: