TMSA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trans-Allegheny Lunatic Asylum Motor Sport Association

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

a new class

Go down 
+2
steveakus
MBE
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MBE

MBE

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2008-12-16

a new class Empty
PostSubject: a new class   a new class EmptyMon May 17, 2010 10:30 am

I am thinking about adding a daily driver type of class, i think i could make this class work for some of the trucks that we have racing with us on a regular basis
Back to top Go down
http://www.trans-alleghenylunaticasylum.com
steveakus

steveakus

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2009-04-29

a new class Empty
PostSubject: Re: a new class   a new class EmptyMon May 17, 2010 11:31 am

I vote that is what the Street class should be,,,,,if the truck doesnt appear or act like a truck that can be seen as a Daily Driver reasonably then it shouldnt be in the Street Class,,,,,,
Back to top Go down
http://www.mfpbuilt.com
MBE

MBE

a new class Empty
PostSubject: Re: a new class   a new class EmptyMon May 17, 2010 12:04 pm

i will not enforce a rule that is not on paper. You are asking me to make a personal opinion, and there is no way to do that and not look like i am taking sides. On race day, it's a matter of racing. I don't want anyone to think that i am lobbying for friends.

Last edited by MBE on Mon May 17, 2010 1:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
steveakus

steveakus

a new class Empty
PostSubject: Re: a new class   a new class EmptyMon May 17, 2010 12:38 pm

I understand that, not sure how to make it something you can put on paper, other than put a Streetable vehicle, and that way its pretty obvious no matters who's opinion it is, yours, mine, techs, racers etc.....

For one It has to at least somewhat appear to be a Streetable Truck, if it has no lights, Blacked out windows, complete race inspired interior, built engine, dragging the ass like a hienna, Fuel Cell running CAM2, right there is non opinionated things that should break most of the rules,

I didnt see the engine, did it have steel heads, and no MSD timing box, I can put a MSD box on mine retard the timing with a switch get my vaccume, then pull to the line flip it and bring the cam and timing back into play to burn that Cam2, and smoke everyone from here to there, but I choose to play with the challenge of having a deep class of equal trucks to race with....
Back to top Go down
78rumpshaker

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-07-31

a new class Empty
PostSubject: Re: a new class   a new class EmptyMon May 17, 2010 10:09 pm

eric the changes you guys made over the winter are nice big improvement
Back to top Go down
steveakus

steveakus

a new class Empty
PostSubject: Re: a new class   a new class EmptyTue May 18, 2010 10:35 am

Street Class Rules Should Be Similar to this

#1 and most important = STREET LEGAL WITH ALL REQUIRED STREET EQUIPMENT (FRONT & REAR BUMPERS, LIGHTS, WIPERS,EXHAUST, ETC.)

STOCK FACTORY OEM CYLINDER HEADS AND BLOCKS THAT ARE FACTORY PRODUCTION LINE INSTALLED ON PRODUCTION VEHICLES

MUST RETAIN ALL FACTORY INTERIOR AND EXTERIOR COMPONANTS (GLASS, DASH, ETC)

NO AFTERMARKET IGNITIONS WITH ADJUSTABLE TIMING CONTROL OR ELECTRONIC TIMING BOXES

BIG BLOCKS ALLOWED IN ¾ TON AND HEAVIER

NO SUSPENSION OR STEERING MODIFICATIONS OTHER THAN LIFT KITS

NO COIL SPRING SHOCKS OR ADJUSTABLE SHOCKS

NO TRANS BRAKES OR OTHER STAGING DEVICES

GAS TANK AND BATTERY MUST BE IN FACTORY LOCATION NO FUEL CELLS ALLOWED BATTERY MUST BE SECURE, Pump Gas Only

NO FIBERGLASS BODY PANELS UNLESS FACTORY PRODUCED

MUST RETAIN SEATING FOR AT LEAST 2 PEOPLE
Back to top Go down
Grady

Grady

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2009-01-13

a new class Empty
PostSubject: Re: a new class   a new class EmptyTue May 18, 2010 4:21 pm

steveakus wrote:

That's about what we started with. It sounded good at the time. scratch
Back to top Go down
Tourettes Guy

Tourettes Guy

Registration date : 2010-05-18

a new class Empty
PostSubject: Re: a new class   a new class EmptyTue May 18, 2010 6:16 pm

steveakus wrote:
I understand that, not sure how to make it something you can put on paper, other than put a Streetable vehicle, and that way its pretty obvious no matters who's opinion it is, yours, mine, techs, racers etc.....

For one It has to at least somewhat appear to be a Streetable Truck, if it has no lights, Blacked out windows, complete race inspired interior, built engine, dragging the ass like a hienna, Fuel Cell running CAM2, right there is non opinionated things that should break most of the rules,

I didnt see the engine, did it have steel heads, and no MSD timing box, I can put a MSD box on mine retard the timing with a switch get my vaccume, then pull to the line flip it and bring the cam and timing back into play to burn that Cam2, and smoke everyone from here to there, but I choose to play with the challenge of having a deep class of equal trucks to race with....
Are you serious? That has to be the dumbest post I've ever seen! Where can I get one of them there msd boxes? If it has license, working lights, exhaust, and pulls vacuum then what's the problem? You must drive a ford, or have a small block! If you can't take the heat stay out of the kitchen crybaby!!!!!! Sad
Back to top Go down
steveakus

steveakus

a new class Empty
PostSubject: Re: a new class   a new class EmptyTue May 18, 2010 6:28 pm

Tourettes Guy wrote:
Are you serious? That has to be the dumbest post I've ever seen! Where can I get one of them there msd boxes? If it has license, working lights, exhaust, and pulls vacuum then what's the problem? You must drive a ford! You must drive a ford, or have a small block! If you can't take the heat stay out of the kitchen crybaby!!!!!!

well thats part of the problem, it didnt have lights either, and Im all Bow Tie buddy !!!!

Why was that a dumb post agian ?? cause it makes perfect sense, you can cam the hell out of an engine and IF your alowed to put an MSD system on you can retard/advance timing to increase vaccume at Idle, then flip your timing back to whatever initial/total timing you want to race on and there goes your vaccum, just saying there are tons of ways to cheat, so if we are gonna let others do it, Im gonna quit being the nice, honest guy that I have been in the past and start cheating too, thats all.......

dont get personal by insulting me, that would be a big mistake on your part !!

And I can handle the heat, I didnt say a word at the track, but when I got home and downloaded the videos from the day, I heard about 10 or 12 different people saying, "thats not a street truck", even officials saying "how did that truck get in street class".......

who are you anyway ?? I drive the Black GMC "Mud Monkey" I raced all last year and Placed 3rd in the Series. So you must be the one in the Red Chevy, cause otherwise I dont see what your problem would be....... lol!
Back to top Go down
Tourettes Guy

Tourettes Guy

a new class Empty
PostSubject: Re: a new class   a new class EmptyTue May 18, 2010 7:13 pm

My trucks not red it's black... And there is no timing device in the world that can affect vacuum in that significant of a way. The most I've ever seen timing change vacuum is maybe one inch or less! By the way the truck in question does have working headlights besides what's it matter most mud races are in the day, next thing you know people will be bitching because guys don't have daytime running lights and catalytic converters on their street trucks!

P.S. Don't talk shit about TOTAL!
Back to top Go down
steveakus

steveakus

a new class Empty
PostSubject: Re: a new class   a new class EmptyTue May 18, 2010 7:18 pm

No, your missing the point, there are 3 Street Classes, the Bottom one is for the guy that doesnt have the time and money to BUILD a truck which is what we all got spanked by saturday, it was in no way a stock street truck that is the only dispute here, not your truck, not anyone elses truck, not even the rules, just that the rules alowed him to win street, hot street, and super street, thats not right,,,,,,,understand ??

and yes I can phisically show you an MSD setup on a huge 800 HP engine that can bring vaccum into it......Im a professional ASE certified mechanic at a GM dealership, I have had a wrench in my hand my entire life, I know how to get by with things, but I choose not to because Im honest and like the challenge, some folks like to just take money in any way they can get away with it, that my friend is the piont of all this
Back to top Go down
Tourettes Guy

Tourettes Guy

a new class Empty
PostSubject: Re: a new class   a new class EmptyTue May 18, 2010 7:37 pm

Well then if that's the case then you should know that an engine makes peak vacuum at it's most efficient state not with the timing all jacked around!
Back to top Go down
steveakus

steveakus

a new class Empty
PostSubject: Re: a new class   a new class EmptyTue May 18, 2010 7:45 pm

somewhat true, depending on what you know,,,,,,,but that doesnt mean it stays that way, just long enough to pull vacuum then flip the switches and boom,,,,no vacuum, Im just saying it can be done and if there is no rule saying no MSD box then it can be done, and that may be the way I go, so you can believe it or not, but when you see it done, you will know... lol!

I know things that Im not gonna reveal, in case the rules dont change, cause chances are 90% of folks dont know the little unseen things that I do.....
Back to top Go down
Tourettes Guy

Tourettes Guy

a new class Empty
PostSubject: Re: a new class   a new class EmptyTue May 18, 2010 8:10 pm

We must be talking about two different things, I'm talking about a MSD box multiple spark discharge you must be talking about a Magical Switch Device which I'm not familar with.

P.S. Bob Saget
Back to top Go down
steveakus

steveakus

a new class Empty
PostSubject: Re: a new class   a new class EmptyTue May 18, 2010 8:28 pm

What ?? Like I said, either ya know or ya dont......trust me man, Im not gonna publically tell you how ignition control coupled with other KEY modifications can accomplish this.....

what the hell does bob saget mean ?
Back to top Go down
78rumpshaker

Registration date : 2009-07-31

a new class Empty
PostSubject: Re: a new class   a new class EmptyTue May 18, 2010 8:34 pm

ok first thing wrong is the red truck didnt even run in the superstreet class got 3rd in hot street and won street by 4 or five tenths and it has no msd box or any other kind box it has a hei dist. 68 modle headshow do i know i built the engine so instead of complaining come over at the next race and check it out no hard feelings those two guys just want to race and not be hated everywhere they run because they built their truck to run tmsa current rules besides evey other class was seperated by more than that if you check
Back to top Go down
wedwards

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-05-16

a new class Empty
PostSubject: Re: a new class   a new class EmptyTue May 18, 2010 8:38 pm

thanks rumpshaker,,,,,, its bad to be hated....
Back to top Go down
wedwards

a new class Empty
PostSubject: Re: a new class   a new class EmptyTue May 18, 2010 8:41 pm

me and tim showed up to race,
Back to top Go down
Tourettes Guy

Tourettes Guy

a new class Empty
PostSubject: Re: a new class   a new class EmptyTue May 18, 2010 8:49 pm

wedwards wrote:
thanks rumpshaker,,,,,, its bad to be hated....
i know all about the hate! Mad
Back to top Go down
wedwards

a new class Empty
PostSubject: Re: a new class   a new class EmptyTue May 18, 2010 9:03 pm

anyway, we showed up, we raced, now we are bad guys,, go figure
Back to top Go down
steveakus

steveakus

a new class Empty
PostSubject: Re: a new class   a new class EmptyTue May 18, 2010 9:14 pm

Pm'd you man, and trust me when I say its not your fault,,,,,,,the rules are whats wrong here

and the info I have been fed so Im not trying to make this all from me, I dont know why I take on this position, but I have over 3 hours of video and what other people are saying to back up what I am exposing on here, not my own personal experience, I didnt get within 10 feet of your truck so other than the lights, suspension, bumper, I cant say anything about it....I purely didnt know, if it was only a few tenths I wouldnt know that either, I didnt have time to see or hear the times and no results are posted yet,

again, I dont take or mean to give any personal meaning to what I say on here, so please dont think Im even the one instigating all this, I just feel like someone needs to take charge and lead this organization even if its someone from the outside ??? I hope you understand ?

here is the general things mentioned on the video....

, your truck had no rear lights at all, (at least hang em on there man even if there is no wires)
, a fuel cell, I dont know for sure what fuel you where running but it smelled like cam 2 to me and others
, I dont know if you had steel heads or an MSD I never saw under your hood or in your cockpit, but that was some of the things said on the video.....
, the rear of your truck had suspension mods to squat, that is usually a non street class alone
, and a Big Block in a 1/2 ton, that one not as big a deal, but most places frown on that to,,,,,,,,

my wife tied for second in my truck and ended up third, so I feel we are competitive, Im just trying to keep from folks saying they will never come back, it sucks they have to act like that, and then make me act like this, but here we are........
Back to top Go down
steveakus

steveakus

a new class Empty
PostSubject: Re: a new class   a new class EmptyTue May 18, 2010 10:09 pm

Im truely sorry If it seems like I personally was trying to start all this bull shit, I dont know why I end up in this shit like that....

basically its like this, for whatever reason several people on the video reacted relatively the same way everytime the truck ran in the Stock Street Class.... more than one of them even claimed they "would never spend another dime there", I was not those poeple,....Im coming back cheers to put a smile on my face, and my wifes face, and my daughters face, That is what its all about, having FUN,

I hope we all can continue to get together and have fun with our trucks,
Back to top Go down
Grady

Grady

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2009-01-13

a new class Empty
PostSubject: I know one thing Will...   a new class EmptyTue May 18, 2010 10:29 pm

wedwards wrote:
anyway, we showed up, we raced, now we are bad guys,, go figure
If you show up at Ohio Valley next week...You'll probly beat me again! lol! But I'll still be there. See Ya up there.
Back to top Go down
MBE

MBE

a new class Empty
PostSubject: Re: a new class   a new class EmptyWed May 19, 2010 12:02 pm

ok I will take it over and run it like it should be run. I thought i was doing you all a favor by giving you an opportunity to class the trucks. IF you want rules show up and help pass em and make em.......My next class is going to have to have rules that sound like this

Only Yellow Trucks

Pink Tailgait (optional)

One headlight out

Gold Rims

22" wheels

Then when the guy figures out how to paint his truck in the pit area then those rules won't be worth a crap!!!!!
Back to top Go down
MBE

MBE

a new class Empty
PostSubject: Re: a new class   a new class EmptyWed May 19, 2010 12:08 pm

steveakus wrote:

#1 and most important = STREET LEGAL WITH ALL REQUIRED STREET EQUIPMENT (FRONT & REAR BUMPERS, LIGHTS, WIPERS,EXHAUST, ETC.)

STOCK FACTORY OEM CYLINDER HEADS AND BLOCKS THAT ARE FACTORY PRODUCTION LINE INSTALLED ON PRODUCTION VEHICLES

MUST RETAIN ALL FACTORY INTERIOR AND EXTERIOR COMPONANTS (GLASS, DASH, ETC)

NO AFTERMARKET IGNITIONS WITH ADJUSTABLE TIMING CONTROL OR ELECTRONIC TIMING BOXES

BIG BLOCKS ALLOWED IN ¾ TON AND HEAVIER

NO SUSPENSION OR STEERING MODIFICATIONS OTHER THAN LIFT KITS

NO COIL SPRING SHOCKS OR ADJUSTABLE SHOCKS

NO TRANS BRAKES OR OTHER STAGING DEVICES

GAS TANK AND BATTERY MUST BE IN FACTORY LOCATION NO FUEL CELLS ALLOWED BATTERY MUST BE SECURE, Pump Gas Only

NO FIBERGLASS BODY PANELS UNLESS FACTORY PRODUCED

MUST RETAIN SEATING FOR AT LEAST 2 PEOPLE

These were the rules that I WANTED TO RUN!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

a new class Empty
PostSubject: Re: a new class   a new class Empty

Back to top Go down

a new class
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next