TMSA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trans-Allegheny Lunatic Asylum Motor Sport Association

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Just a few ?'s

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
85-Toy-Truggy

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-09-11

Just a few ?'s Empty
PostSubject: Just a few ?'s   Just a few ?'s EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 12:08 am

First off let me say that what you guys are doing I think is fantastic for the area.

I was just wondering since there is mud bogging, Dirt Bike racing and stuff going on down here if anyone has put any thought into an OHV Park also for Jeeps and such for trail riding and rock crawling. I'm a paying member of the WV Jeep Club and were always trying to work with places in allowing the use of land. Currently there is no state owned OHV's in WV thus making it harder and harder to find places for this kind of activity. And with alot of other trails in the surrounding states shutting down there is alot more people traveling to WV on the weekends for wheeling on private areas. I guess my biggest question is, is there any possablity of the WV Jeep club working with TMSA in creating such a place. I have currently been working with a few others in leasing land but time in doing this is so hard. We do have several members willing to pay for a membership per year or per ride if such a place was created. Most would be willing to pay $100 a year for unlimited access while others would be willing to pay $10-$20 for an all day ride. Now most of this is just me thinking in lala land but there could be rock crawling competitions held, Tuff truck challenges on the courses, and many other ways for TMSA to make money. The WV Jeep Club is a non profit organization so we would just be there for the fun. Currently our internet forum at Jeepinwv.com has 923 members on the forum and roughly 75 paying members from all around the state. We are all out to better promote off roading as a fun thing to do, and not trying to tear up some farmers fields. If something like this was created I think that with members of WVJC working with TWSA we could better promote the off roading sport in WV. If this is way off the wall I'm sorry, I think you have to start somewhere. Please take the time to check out our forum also at www.jeepinwv.com

Thanks, Todd
Back to top Go down
Froggy

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-09-14

Just a few ?'s Empty
PostSubject: Crooked Racing Tactics for Sept.13,2009   Just a few ?'s EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 7:27 am

Eric I want you to know that today my friends, and my family contributed over $800.00 for your race up there at Weston. Arriving there at 9:30 this morning and having to wait all day to run our trucks for unexcusable hold ups one after the other we will not be back and also we will advertise for you as best we can to our old friends and new ones we meet in the future of just how dirty YOU and YOUR crew are about things. Yes its your mud raceing event and you can run it however you want, but from now on we will no longer contribute to it. You can use any excuse you want to use also about how someone with a headlight out is illegal to run street stock when you let your buddy's run the class knowing its not right and they are not street stock although you had complaint after complaint reported to you, You still allowed a truck with fuel cells, painted on lights run in the class.
I think you know where you can stick your mudraceing events WE WILL NOT BE BACK in the future.

Billy TruMan and the rest of the crew
Back to top Go down
MBE

MBE

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2008-12-16

Just a few ?'s Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just a few ?'s   Just a few ?'s EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 12:12 pm

Mr. Truman, first i would like to thank you for your support, and i am truly sorry that you did not have a good experience. my rules simply state in regards to your complaint, that the vehicle must be street legal, that means for the purpose of our organization that the vehicle must have full exhaust and all tires must be the same size. I am not certified state inspection station, however if i was, then there would have only been 2 trucks running in that class. Our organization voted on this, and that is way they wanted to run. I can only enforce the rules and try to be fair to everyone. And as far as my friends racing here, on race day i have no friends, before the race started i considered you to be as much a friend as anyone that races here. What we could do is when we start the season next year is write another set of rules, and if you join as a member then you could be part of the way the rules are written. I do appreciate you taking the time to let me know some of the things i could do change the way things are ran, i just do not like the personal shots that you are implying in this conversation, i have never and would never intentionally cheat you or anyone else that races here. I do hope that you change your mind about returning to one of our races and hope that you join our organization and offer your opinion of the rules prior to the start of the season.

Thank you again for your support!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.trans-alleghenylunaticasylum.com
steveakus

steveakus

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2009-04-29

Just a few ?'s Empty
PostSubject: What, and Why   Just a few ?'s EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 9:06 pm

Well as far as the jeep thing goes, I have no influence whatsoever, but Im all for it, I have a 1975 CJ5, and would enjoy such a place myself, and I didnt know about your organization, so I will be signing up for that as well.

And as far as waiting around all day, sure it was tough and kinda sucked, but it was not by any means intentional, the lights (electronics) where the #1 hang up and there was no one there that could have predicted all of the misshaps that ended up causing those delays, it was no ones fault or intentions, so we all had to deal with it, plus not that big a deal considering the amount of excitement and fun that was also produced during the day......

And by the way your $800 is a drop in the pool compared to all the money spent to make this event even happen, that wouldnt have even paid to rent the shitters...........LOL

The majority of us are there to run our trucks, no matter what time or what the rules are or whatever, and that will always outclass anyone that wants to bitch about anything and everything all the time,

so I also invite you to change your outlook and join the ranks of the members to help improve by means of finding ways to help, not critisize and demean the only ones that are making it all happen anyway, get on board and make a difference, otherwise I guess we wont be missing the attitude otherwise.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mfpbuilt.com
85-Toy-Truggy

Just a few ?'s Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just a few ?'s   Just a few ?'s EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 7:54 am

steveakus wrote:
Well as far as the jeep thing goes, I have no influence whatsoever, but Im all for it, I have a 1975 CJ5, and would enjoy such a place myself, and I didnt know about your organization, so I will be signing up for that as well.
Wow that got a little thread jacked lol. Well I hope you check it out it's a great place to make some new friends, learn how to build a great jeep, and also find out about local trail rides it's a good source of info.

When I started this thread I wasn't real sure if this was the right place to try and do it but hopefully you guys can point me in the right direction of who I need to speak with. And on a side note I might have to try your mud boggs next year when I get my truck finished. Here is a peak at what it's looking like.
Just a few ?'s 000_01301
Just a few ?'s 000_01281
Back to top Go down
MBE

MBE

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2008-12-16

Just a few ?'s Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just a few ?'s   Just a few ?'s EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 10:07 am

wow this certainly went in a crazy direction....and so wide....lol but anyway truggy we sure would entertain
such an idea. I would like to speak with you during our off season to try to get something working for next year.
so please stay in touch, or give me a call at 304-269-5070 thanks for your interest and support.
Back to top Go down
http://www.trans-alleghenylunaticasylum.com
85-Toy-Truggy

Just a few ?'s Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just a few ?'s   Just a few ?'s EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 10:46 am

Sure thing, I would love to work something out with you guys down there. Since your centraly located I think it would pull alot of people and attention since were a staste wide club. It would probably be better to call me when you want to disscuss it and maybe we can setup a meeting and a few of our members can come and will see if we can come up with anything. my numbers are 472-8743 and cell 439-0033.

Thanks, Todd
Back to top Go down
85-Toy-Truggy

Just a few ?'s Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just a few ?'s   Just a few ?'s EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 8:11 pm

Here is a couple links to a couple OHV parks in surrounding states just to get an idea of what it's like.

http://www.rauschcreekoffroadpark.org/
http://www.harlancountytrails.com/
Back to top Go down
steveakus

steveakus

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2009-04-29

Just a few ?'s Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just a few ?'s   Just a few ?'s EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 9:25 pm

we definitly need to make this happen, there are no places like the above links in WV, and now its time to get TMSA and JeepInWV together and make this happen, I for one can see the prosperity just laying there waiting for someone to pick it up, and honestly if I had some serious acrerage in my possesion I would not be talking about it on here or anywhere else, LOL,,,, I would be making the only OHV highly advertised in WV and raking in the cash myself....but unfortunatly I dont have any land at all,,,,so I would love to be a part of establishing and maintaining such a place and being members of both TMSA and JeepInWV, I hope to help bring them together on making this actually happen.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mfpbuilt.com
Sponsored content

Just a few ?'s Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just a few ?'s   Just a few ?'s Empty

Back to top Go down

Just a few ?'s
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TMSA :: General :: Suggestions-
Jump to: